EPISODE 1 PART 2: STILL DELICACIES
Hello people, so we’re still on Kenya and we’ll just be looking at something easy that you can prepare and bask in the glory that you know foreign delicacies.
It’s actually a Kenyan Snack and I’ll like to call this one “Spiced up Nigerian PUF-PUF”…LOL
Kaimati is a unique delicacy well known to be associated or cooked a lot by the people from Kenya.
1 cup of home baking flour
½ cup yoghurt
1 teaspoon of dried yeast
½ cup of water
½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder
Two tablespoons of sugar
One tablespoon of lemon juice
Method of preparation
- Mix the flour, dried yeast, and pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Pour the egg into the flour mixture and continue mixing with your hands until the batter is
- Cover the smooth batter and set it aside for 1 hour for it to rise.
- While waiting for the batter to puff up, prepare the syrup for coating. this is achieved by
adding sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Adjust to a medium heat and add the lemon juice, leave it to simmer until it’s muggy. Set the muggy syrup to
- Heat the vegetable oil and drop the batter into bulbous shape into the
- Fry the bulbous shaped batter until it is golden fry.
- Drop the fried batters into the cooled syrup for two to three minutes and remove them.
- Your sweet fried Kaimati is ready for serving.
Next week, we switch up to other sides of Kenya we need to know.