SEASON 2 EPISODE 32
Today, let’s check out a snack eaten by the people of Mozambique.
- Dry yeast
- All-purpose flour
- Evaporated milk
- Vegetable oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Use warm water to dissolve yeast inside a bowl.
- Break eggs inside a bowl and beat/whisk thoroughly.
- Put flour in a large bowl, create a space in the center of the flour. Add yeast, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, milk, 1 cup water, and salt. Beat thoroughly to form a soft, smooth dough.
- Cover with a clean lid to let the dough rise.
- Cut the dough into small round sizes.
- Heat the vegetable oil and drop dough into oil, fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and add sugar to coat, and serve hot.
The drinks that are consumed by the people of Mozambique includes locally made fruit juices, locally brewed beer made from maize. There’s also one made from cashew nuts, Nipa which another local brew is a liquor-type drink which should be consumed with caution as it is known for being quite potent.
Written and edited by Ebenezer Oladokun