SEASON 3 EPISODE 25
São Tomé and Príncipe is a Central African country which is located close to the equator formed from volcanic actions. It is made up of two main islands: São Tomé and Príncipe. The capital city is São Tomé.
Today, we’d be looking at two dishes: Fish Feijoada and Sweet Potato Frittatas enjoyed by the people of São Tomé and Príncipe and how to prepare them.
- Red palm oil
- Chopped onion
- Diced carrots
- Tomato puree or tomato paste
- Vegetable stock/broth
- Sliced fish
Method Of Preparation
- Heat some amount of red palm oil in a cooking oil for some minutes and add onion and diced carrots and keep frying until it turns soft.
- Add the beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock, pepper and salt to the mixture.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it becomes softened.
- Add some other seasonings to taste.
- Add the sliced fish to the mixture and allow to cook well and put off the heat when well cooked.
- Serve with rice and enjoy your meal.
SWEET POTATO FRITTATAS
This is made from
- Peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- Chopped onion
- Vegetable oil
Method of Preparation
- Fry the onion in vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan or skillet until it becomes softened.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook until it becomes tender while stirring.
- Break the eggs inside a clean bowl and whisk/beat.
- Add milk, salt, pepper to the eggs and continue to whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan containing the sweet potatoes.
- Allow to cook and the eggs to pop for some minutes.
- Serve the frittatas with chilled drinks.
Written and edited by Ebenezer Oladokun