SEASON 3 EPISODE 8
Hello! Welcome to another episode of Learn Africa.
Today, we’d be checking out the recipe and method of preparing plantain fritters. Plantain fritters is a snack made from overripe plantains and all-purpose flour.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Granulated sugar
- Overripe plantains
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar into a clean bowl.
- Break the eggs and add to the mixture with a little water and whisk.
- Peel the overripe plantains and mash it well.
- Add the mashed plantains to the mixture and stir well.
- Add some pepper and a little water and keep stirring.
- Put vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat it up on high heat.
- Cut the mixture using your hand or spoon into little balls and put them into the hot oil.
- Remove from oil when they turn golden brown till you’ve fried all.
Just as the people of Gabon are good with different cuisines, they are also lovers of some drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
The cheapest local beer is Regab which is consumed by people above the drinking age. There are fruit juices available too: “D’jino” Pampelmousse (grapefruit), Ananas (pineapple), Citron (Lemon) which can be found in markets and stores.
Written and edited by Ebenezer Oladokun