SEASON 3 EPISODE 20
Welcome to another episode of Learn Africa, we’d continue with food in Equatorial Guinea. Today, we’d be learning how to make the Akwadu which is made from bananas or plantains and also check out some drinks enjoyed by the people.
This is made from bananas/plantains and coconuts which have been baked.
- Bananas or Plantains
- Shredded coconut
- Butter or vegetable oil
- Lemon juice
- Banana or orange juice
Method of Preparation
- Heat the bananas or plantains inside an oven.
- Cut the bananas or plantains into slices and place in a baking dish.
- Add the butter into the baking dish with some quantity of lemon juice.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut and some sugar.
- Bake the mixture for some minutes and add some quantity of banana or orange juice while baking.
- Remove from the oven when the top is slightly brown.
There are a variety of drinks taken by the people of Equatorial Guinea ranging from non-alcoholic to alcoholic drinks. The popular drinks enjoyed by the people are;
- Malamba juice which is made by brewing sugarcane which is similar to the Congo’s Linguila
- Osang which is an African tea
Written and edited by Ebenezer Oladokun