It’s a wrap you from Wednesday’s excerpts on the book “Things I wish I’d known before we got married” If you missed out on the 1st part, here’s the link:
12. An influence upon your perception of marital roles Is your own philosophy about maleness and femaleness and your answer to this question has been greatly influenced by your education.
13. Ezeamuzie Japheth- Success in marriage is the sum of small efforts, focused on showing love and appreciation, repeated everyday.
14. Previous sexual experience often becomes a psychological barrier in achieving sexual unity in marriage.
15. Empathetic reasoning holds judgement until you are certain you understand what the other person is saying.
16. Man is incurably religious. There are no cultures that have not developed a system of beliefs about the non-material world.
17. As adults, we have the responsibility to seek truths in all aspects of our life.For many dating couples, spirituality Is an unexplored topic. They simply assume that this area of life will take care of itself after marriage. Others who openly discuss matters of spirituality often ignore the warning signs. They are so in love with each other that they close their eyes to the huge differences in their views of spirituality.
18. Religious beliefs are often accompanied by strong emotions and deeply held convictions.
19. Learn how to disagree and not be disagreeable.
20. There are five aspects of humanity: Intellectual, Emotional, Social, Spiritual and Physical.